My Guide Website?
From Bordeaux: Full-Day Medoc 1855 Wines w/ lunch9 Reviews
During this day discover the famous Medoc great growth wines and visit 3 wineries to learn about the secrets of winemaking. Enjoy a delicious lunch à la française and taste the wines of different appellations to become a wine lover.
- Gain from the knowledge of a friendly bilingual tour guide
- Enjoy a wonderful lunch à la française
- Try high quality famous red wines in 3 wineries
- Meet people from all other the world and share experiences (maximum 25)
- Admire the amazing countryside and chateaux
Description1855 is a magic date for Bordeaux wine lovers and a special tour has been devised just for them. Undertaken at the request of Napoléon III and unchanged since 1855, the famous 1855 classification of the wines of Bordeaux officially recognised 86 estates, and divided them into 5 categories (first, second, third, fourth and fifth growths). These are located in the Médoc, in Sauternes and Barsac and one of them (Château Haut-Brion) in the Graves. Ten of these great growths, among the most famous in Bordeaux, are welcoming visitors on Wednesday from May to October on a rotating basis this year. Program: - 09:15: Departure by coach from the Bordeaux Tourist Office. During the journey, the bilingual guide (French & English) will present the Bordeaux vineyards, especially Medoc - 10:30: The first stop on the tour focuses on the notions of terroir and blending, followed by a tasting of 2 wines - 12:00: Winemaking is explained in the second château, where visitors also learn first-hand about pairing food and wine at a sit down lunch with several courses in the classic French tradition - 15:30: The history of the classification is explained at the third château, as well as the unusual way these wines are sold in Bordeaux. There will also be a tasting of two wines - 18:30: Arrival at the Bordeaux Tourist Office
IncludesBilingual guide (French & English) Coach transportation The guided visits of the winemaking facilities at three wineries 2 wine tastings at each of them Lunch (starter, main dish, desert and wine) Some brochures about Bordeaux wine on request
- The tour is available from 18-years-old only
- Please take a jumper as it is quite cold in the caves and wear comfortable shoes
- Châteaux partners: Château Lascombes, Château Marquis de Terme, Château Prieuré-Lichine, Château Léoville Poyferré, Château Branaire-Ducru, Château Desmirail, Château de Camensac, Château La Tour Carnet, Château Cantemerle, Château Haut-Bages Libéral, Château Lynch-Moussas, Château Ferrière, Château Dauzac, Château Lagrange
Easy cancellationCancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€154.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today