My Guide Website?
From Bordeaux: St. Emilion Village Half-Day Wine Tour517 Reviews
Discover the wines and village of St Emilion on this half-day Bordeaux adventure. Classified as a UNESCO world heritage site for its outstanding landscape, explore the quaint village and surrounding vineyards, and taste magnificent Bordeaux wines.
- Visit and enjoy wine tasting in a Classified Growth Chateau of St Emilion
- Enjoy a short walking tour of St Emilion
- Learn about the history of wine making in the region
DescriptionTake a half-day tour to the charming village of St. Emilion, and sample a selection of wines. The history of the village goes back to medieval times, and the whole jurisdiction is classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its natural landscape. Upon arrival in the village, embark on a guided walking tour. Explore the charming lanes, Romanesque churches, and ruins that stretch along the steep and narrow laneways. It was the Romans that introduced wine making to the village as far back as the 2nd century. Reminders of the Roman techniques of wine planting can be seen in some of the estates, such as Chateau Bellevue, owned by the world-famous Angelus winery. The village was named after the monk Émilian, a traveling confessor, who settled in a hermitage carved into the rock in the 8th-Century. Follow your guide for a walking tour of the village to discover all the main attractions. Then, enjoy a visit and wine tasting session in a Classified Growth Chateau of the Saint Emilion wine region. During the visit, you will learn all there is to know about the estate as well as the techniques used to produce this world-famous wine. From here return to Bordeaux.
IncludesVisit and wine tasting in a classified growth chateau or wine cellar of Saint Emilion Walking tour of Saint Emilion Driver/wine guide Transportation in modern, comfortable, fully-equipped Mercedes Minivan
- Visits to the wineries are not private but most of the time the visit and wine tasting has been booked for the small tour group only
- All wineries have been carefully selected and are all classified growth Chateaux, with a guarantee of quality
- Adult only tour, not suitable for children under 18 years of age
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Must be 18 years of age to drink alcohol
- This activity operates rain or shine
- Tour requires a minimum of 2 passengers (adults) to run
- Tour is offered in English only
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€98.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today