My Guide Website?
From Bordeaux: Full-Day St Emilion Wine Tasting Tour111 Reviews
Discover this unique Bordeaux wine tour that will head towards the charming village of St Emilion. Not only is the village famed for its wines it is also considered as one of those beautiful hilltop villages that visitors of France cherish so much.
- Visit and enjoy wine tastings at 3 classified growth chateaux
- Enjoy a short walking tour of St Emilion village
- Be transported in comfortable and fully equipped minivans
DescriptionThe wine region of Libournais encompasses much of what is referred to as the Right Bank. Named after its historical capital, the expression Right Bank typically refers to wines from the Pomerol and St-Emilion areas of the Libournais. There are several villages around the region that share the Saint-Émilion name, such as Montagne-Saint-Émilion and St-Georges-Saint-Émilion which are named the satellite appellations. The area is bordered to the west by Pomerol. Merlot is the dominant grape in this area, followed by Cabernet Franc and a very small quantity of Malbec that is tending to disappear. The climate and damper, cool soils of the area make it difficult for Cabernet Sauvignon grapes to fully ripen and as such is less often used. Depart for the Saint Emilion wine region and enjoy a visit and wine tasting at a famous classified growth Chateaux of the Pomerol or Saint Emilion appellation. Afterward, arrive in the village of Saint Emilion and enjoy a guided walking tour with your guide to discovering the main monuments of this quaint hilltop village. During your free time for lunch and personal discovery, visit the underground monuments of Saint Emilion. In the afternoon, experience another visit and wine tasting session in one of the selected Classified Chateaus of Saint Emilion.
IncludesVisit and wine tasting in 3 classified growth chateaux of Saint Emilion Walking tour of Saint Emilion village Driver/wine guide Transport in a comfortable and fully equipped minivan Group tour of 8 passengers at maximum Free Wi-Fi access on board
- This is an adult only tour and children under 18 years old are not allowed
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- There is a minimum number of 2 people required for the tour to operate
- Please note that visits to the wineries are not private but most of the time the visit and wine tasting is for your group only
- All wineries have been carefully selected with a guarantee of quality
- This activity operates rain or shine
- The tour is operated in English only