My Guide Website?
Full-Day Medoc Wine Tour34 Reviews
Explore the wine growing region of Medoc on a full-day tasting tour, and sample the best red wines in the area. Home to over 1,500 vineyards, follow Medoc's famous Chateau Road and learn all about different wine tasting techniques along the way.
- Discover the wine growing region of Medoc
- Visit 3 wineries of Classified Growth Chateau's, or Cru Bourgeois
- Travel in small groups for a more personalized tour
- Let yourself be edified by your licensed English speaking wine guide
- Learn how to differentiate the differences of blends and tastes
DescriptionDeparting from a central location in Bordeaux, this small group tour explores the beautiful Medoc wine-growing region of France. You will head towards the famous wine-producing appellations such as Margaux, Saint Julien, Pauillac and Saint Estephe. You will enjoy 3 visits in Classified Growth or Cru Bourgeois estates that have been carefully selected for their exceptional setting and quality of wine. You will learn all there is to know about the history of the estates, the wine making process, as well as the techniques used during wine making. A wine tasting session follows the visits. The Medoc area covers approximately 5,700 hectares of declared vineyards, producing an average 300,000 hectoliters of wine per year. Of the grape varieties permitted, 50% of the viticultural area is planted with Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, and to a lesser extent Petit Verdot and Malbec. Also allowed within the AOC regulations are the varieties Cabernet Franc and Carménère. After your tasting sessions, follow the castle road to see some of the most famous châteaux of the region, such as Chateau Margaux, Chateau Palmer, or Chateau Pichon Longueville.
IncludesVisit and wine tasting in 3 classified growth chateaux, or Cru Bourgeois of the Medoc appellation Driver/guide All wine tasting fees Small bottle of water per person Free WiFi access on board
- Adult only tour, not suitable for children under 18 years of age
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Must be 18 years of age to drink alcohol
- This activity operates rain or shine