My Guide Website?
From Bordeaux: Arcachon Bay Full Day Tour and Oyster Lunch89 Reviews
Experience the scenic splendor of Arcachon Bay on a full-day tour. Climb Europe's highest dune for panoramic views of Landes Forest, then discover the Arcachon town and finish with an oyster lunch.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bordeaux:If youʻre booking your trip to Bordeaux last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Bordeaux: St. Emilion Village Half-Day Wine Tour
- From Bordeaux: Cognac Private Wine Tour
- From Bordeaux: Private Wine Tour in Medoc
- Soussans: Guided Winery Tour with Wine Tasting near Margaux
- Bordeaux: Half-Day Margaux Tour
- Drive to the scenic Arcachon Bay
- Climb the tallest sand dune in Europe
- Marvel at the panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean and Landes Forest
- Discover the extravagants 19th century villas of the Winter Town of Arcachon
- Lunch some fresh oysters from Arcachon Bay with a local wine
DescriptionDepart Bordeaux at 9:00 AM and take a 50-minutes drive to the majestic Dune of Pilat at Pyla-sur-Mer in Arcachon Bay. Climb the highest sand dune in Europe for a panoramic view (known locally as the “Bassin”) of an inland sea open to the Atlantic Ocean. You will be rewarded by a glass of white wine! Marvel at the splendid colors of the lagoon, and take in the views of the Landes Forest from the summit. Then, it's time to to do a sightseeing tour of the winter town of Arcachon ! Take pictures of those eccentric houses with a unique 19th century architecture. Learn why all the french upper class wanted to build a house in this town. Famous for its oysters, Arcachon Bay is known for its mild climate and exceptional natural beauty. Enjoy a lunch of some fresh oysters or shrimps served with a glass of white wine from a local producer of the “Bassin.” Drive back to Bordeaux and get dropped off in the city center at approximately 3:00 PM.
IncludesTour guide Transportation by minivan Oyster or shrimp lunch 2 glasses of white wine
- The tour may be cancelled if there is only 1 participant. It is legally required to have a minimum of two people to operate the tour. In the event of cancellation, the customer will be contacted and will receive a full refund
- There is no other food alternative to the oyster and shrimp lunch