My Guide Website?
Women's destinies : Bordeaux in the 18th-century
Travel back in time to discover Bordeaux in the 18th century ! This walking tour will guide you through the story of 3 women with an exceptional destiny who lived or went there three centuries ago.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bordeaux:If youʻre booking your trip to Bordeaux last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Medoc Half-Day Bordeaux Wine Tour
- From Bordeaux: Full-Day St Emilion Wine Tasting Tour
- Saint-Emilion Grand Cru Classé: Guided Visit Tour & Tasting
- From Bordeaux: Afternoon Saint-Emilion Wine Tasting Trip
- Bordeaux: Wine and Trade Museum Entry Ticket & Wine Tasting
- Storytelling and theatricalization
- Costume guide
- Thematic and original tour
DescriptionGo back three centuries in time and meet 18th century characters with a very special destiny : Marie Brizard, Al Pouessi and Theresia Cabarrus. Women whose story bears witness to a turbulent period when Bordeaux experienced strong commercial and demographic expansion. We will search for the traces they left in the city and question the historical context in which they lived. You will discover both places related to the experiences of these women and points of interest representative of the environment of their time (beautification policy, urban development and architectures that mark this century). This walking tour lasts 1h30, starts at Place de la Bourse and ends at Place Gambetta.
Includes1h30 walking guided tour in Bordeaux
- This walking tour takes place outside, rain or shine.