My Guide Website?
Bordeaux: Walking Tour with Wine Tasting
Join a private guided tour of Bordeaux with a local and discover some of the city's most iconic historic attractions followed with a wine tasting in a local wine bar.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bordeaux:If youʻre booking your trip to Bordeaux last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Bordeaux: St. Emilion Village Half-Day Wine Tour
- From Bordeaux: Cognac Private Wine Tour
- From Bordeaux: Private Wine Tour in Medoc
- Soussans: Guided Winery Tour with Wine Tasting near Margaux
- Bordeaux: Half-Day Margaux Tour
- Wander through the streets of the UNESCO-listed city of Bordeaux
- Discover popular attractions like the Hôtel de Ville and Porte Cailhau
- See the Bordeaux Cathedral and its bell tower, the Tour Pey-Berland
- Taste 3 x Local Bordeaux Wines
- Experience a private guided walking tour
DescriptionExplore the heart of Old Bordeaux on a private guided walking tour. Pass by popular attractions like the Bordeaux Cathedral, Pey Berland Tower, and more while learning about the history, culture, and lifestyle in a fun and entertaining way. You finish your tour with a wine tasting in a local wine bar Meet your guide in what is considered the city's main square, Place Pey-Berland. Jump right in as you marvel at the two imposing structures that flank this square, the Hôtel de Ville and the Cathédrale Saint-André, often simply referred to as Bordeaux Cathedral. Admire the intricate details of the cathedral's gothic structure and see the Tour Pey-Berland, a 15th-century bell tower that was built to provide the cathedral with a large bell without threatening the original building. Follow your guide as you walk through the cobbled streets of Bordeaux's historic center, stopping off at Place Saint-Projet to discover the history of the square and the famous Rue Sainte-Catherine. Your tour continues to the intriguing Place Camille Jullian, where you'll learn of a hidden secret that lies here. Next, it's on to the must-see Porte Cailhau, a structure that once served as the main gate to the city and boasts a rich history dating back to the Middle Ages. Continue towards Place de la Bourse, passing through the famous Saint-Pierre district where the city’s first port once was. Learn about Bordeaux's secret slave trade and take a picture at the world's largest reflecting pool, the Miroir D’Eau. Finally, admire the Grand Théâtre de Bordeaux before completing your tour with a visit to the Monuments aux Girondins. After, we will make our way to a local wine bar for a tasting of 3 x Bordeaux wines.
IncludesLocal Knowledgable guide Private guided walking tour of Bordeaux Tasting of 3 x Bordeaux Wines Lists of food and drink recommendations
- This tour takes place rain or shine and covers a distance of around 2.5 kilometers The themes covered on this tour are a mix of history, culture, and fun. If you're looking for an in-depth historical tour, this may not be for you