Best - Sauternes in Bordeaux
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Bordeaux team
South of Bordeaux, the Sauternes (vins d’or) or the 'golden wines' are the only classified whites in the whole region of Bordeaux. These sweet whites are from Sauternes, Barsac, Fargues de Langon, Bommes and Preignac.
The Sauternes are not harvested but picked by hand. One vine produces one glass of wine. Chilled and perfect with fois gras, discover this nectar by touring châteaux and tasting. Check out the local Maison du Vins or caves for expert Sauternes advice. Find small hotels and great local restaurants where chefs can pair a Sauterne to an entire meal!
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Bordeaux:If youʻre booking your trip to Bordeaux last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Bordeaux: Full-Day St Emilion Wine Tasting Tour
- From Bordeaux: Half-Day Saint-Émilion Tour and Wine Tasting
- Soussans: Guided Winery Tour with Wine Tasting near Margaux
- From Bordeaux: St. Emilion Village Half-Day Wine Tour
- Bordeaux to Dordogne: Castles & Villages Private Tour