Best - Libourne Area in Pomerol
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Bordeaux team
Libourne, just 30 minutes from the city of Bordeaux is known as 'the other wine capital' of Bordeaux wines. It is surrounded by the iconic Pomerol châteaux, Lalande-de-Pomerol vineyards and the 'secret garden' châteaux of Fronsac and Canon Fronsac.
The Right Bank fairy tale châteaux of Fronsac and Canon Fronsac produce award winning wines near the confluence of the Rivers Dordogne and Isle. The exclusive vineyards of Pomerol near Libourne produce some of the world’s most expensive wines like Château Pétrus. For less pricey but outstanding value wines, look for Lalande-de-Pomerol châteaux.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Bordeaux:If youʻre booking your trip to Bordeaux last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Bordeaux: Full-Day St Emilion Wine Tasting Tour
- From Bordeaux: Half-Day Saint-Émilion Tour and Wine Tasting
- Soussans: Guided Winery Tour with Wine Tasting near Margaux
- From Bordeaux: St. Emilion Village Half-Day Wine Tour
- Bordeaux to Dordogne: Castles & Villages Private Tour