The "Family Plus" hallmark and seal of approval by the Bordeaux Tourism office identifies families’ holiday destinations and family-friendly services in restaurants, attractions, tours and accommodations in the Bordeaux region.
When travelling with babies and young children many of the establishments designated with the sign ‘Family Plus’ can provide special baby equipment that you may need such as cribs, high-chairs, strollers, car seats and baby back-packs.
Family Friendly Activities
The Bordeaux Multimedia Heritage Exhibition is located in the heart of old Bordeaux - discover Bordeaux’s rich heritage with a multimedia exhibition, a free interactive book, presentations and lectures as well as a gift shop.
- +33 (0)5 56 48 04 24
- 28n Rue des Argentiers
- Open every day except 25.12 & 01.01
A City Tour in a Small Tourist Train - a one hour city tour in a little train with accompanying descriptions of the city.
- +33 (0)5 56 00 68 15
- 12 Cours du XXX Juillet
- Runs every day from April to September, 10:30am to 12:30pm and 1:30 pm to 5:45pm
- Tickets on sale at the Tourism Office.
Taxi Bike Tour of the City - by the hour available all year from Monday to Saturday, 11am to 7pm. Your hotel reception will have information of rental locations nearby or through "bicycle rentals".
Guided City Tour - three hour tours by a guide of Le Guidon Fute is available all year at 10am, 3pm and 8:30pm meeting at 4 rue Maubec; Rates: 20€.
- A 7 hour family outing walking through the Entre-Deux-Mers area discovering the historical and natural treasures with a story-teller.
- Four routes to choose from: Lestiac/Capian, Loupiac, Sainte-Croix-du-Monte or the Cadillac area.
- Tour includes bus transportation from Bordeaux city center, a bilingual French/English guide, picnic with local produce, visit and wine tasting in 2 wine chateaux.
- Comfortable shoes, sun protection and a water bottle are advised.
- Tours available: May 15 to October 16, on Sundays.
- Rates 2011: Adult 54€, ages 13-17 at 54€, ages 5–12 at 38€
- Meet at: Bordeaux Tourism Office, 12 cours du XXX Juillet
- 9:00 am - departure:
- 9:30am - Departure from Bordeaux city centre by bus
- 10:30am - Visit several Entre-Deux-Mers vineyards
- 12:30pm - Winetasting and picnic at a wine chateaux
- 2:30pm - Sightseeing in the area
- 3:30pm - Visit and wine tasting at a selected chateaux
- 6:00pm - Return to Bordeaux by bus
Zoo de Bordeaux Pessac - Located at 3, chemin du Transvaal Pessac. This five-hectare park is home to some 400 animals belonging to 110 different species. Animals from Africa and Asia, including lions and giraffes, are there to be discovered, as well as a species of wolf with a mane. The zoo offers a number of free attractions, such as water tobogganing and a riding school for the kids.
Aqualand - Located in Gujan Mestras, near Arcachon and just out of Bordeaux itself. This is a great place to take the children, it has many water activities to keep them busy,