Walking Tour and Wine Tasting
Discover the sights and landmarks of Bordeaux on a 2-hours walking tour and get a voucher for 2 wine tastings in a wine bar. Marvel at the UNESCO monuments of the city center, and learn why the city attracted so many philosophers during the Enlightenment.
Are you a business owner in Bordeaux?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Bordeaux.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Learn the history of Bordeaux and its great Enlightenment philosophers
- Discover one of the largest squares in Europe at Place des Quinconces
- Get a voucher for wine tasting in CIVB's bar (bar closed on Sundays and French bank holidays)
- Go to the reflecting pool of the Place de la Bourse
- See the romantic bridges of the Garonne River
- Enjoy the Old Town with its narrow paved streets and small shops
DescriptionDiscover the historic sights of Bordeaux on a 2-hour walking tour of the historic center, and discover why it was designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Meet your guide by the Bordeaux Tourist Office on Cours du 30 Juillet. Then, discover an outstanding ensemble of urban landmarks and architectural wonders. Stroll past the theaters, town halls, and private mansions, interspersed with squares, parks, and fountains to get an intriguing perspective on a city that is undergoing a spectacular metamorphosis. See some of the new economic and artistic projects. From the wide avenues of neo-classical neighborhoods surrounding Place des Quinconces, to the Grand Theater, and the narrow lanes of the Saint-Pierre neighborhood, the tour invites you to discover the diversity of Bordeaux’s heritage. Learn about Bordeaux’s wine producers, and the Enlightenment philosophers who influenced the city’s urban landscape. Then, get a wine ticket to enjoy Bordeaux wines at the Bar of the CIVB (Conseil Interprofessionnel du Vin de Bordeaux) from Monday to Saturday between 11:00 and 22:00 (except bank holidays).
IncludesBilingual guide Ticket for 2 wine tastings in Bordeaux
- Please note that the bar for the wine tasting is closed on Sundays and bank holidays. If your walking tour is one of those days you'll be given tickets at the Tourism Board to enjoy your drinks another day
- French bank holidays: 1st January, Easter Monday, 1st May, 8th May, 30th May, 10th June, 14th July, 15th August, 1st November, 11th November, 25th December
- From October to March the tour is bilingual French and English. From April to September there are 2 separate groups: one in French and one in English
- The ticket for the wine tasting can be used any time when the Bar is open
Easy cancellationCancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Guided Jet Ski Tour
Experience Bordeaux from the water on a guided jet ski adventure. Navigate your way along the Garonne River and discover some of its treasures on a thrilling ride.2 ReviewsFrom €80.00
Saint-Emilion Small Group Wine Tour
Taste the wines of the Bordeaux region on a food and wine tasting tour of Saint-Émilion, departing from Bordeaux. Visit 2 different wineries to sample their wares, take a guided stroll in the medieval town and enjoy a French aperitif to conclude the day.63 ReviewsFrom €90.00
Bordeaux River Cruise
Enjoy an hour-long cruise on the Garonne River and discover the treasures of Bordeaux along its UNESCO-listed waterfront. Hear about the history of Bordeaux and its wine129 ReviewsFrom €12.50
Saint-Emilion: Guided Winery Visits and Picnic
Discover 1 traditional and 1 modern winery in the Saint-Emilion Grand Cru Appellation. Learn about the winemaking process and enjoy a tasting. Afterwards, have a relaxing1 ReviewsFrom €35.00
Medoc Wine Tour
Max will bring you along the famous Chateaux Wine Route to discover the Méoc and depending on the season.4 ReviewsFrom €195.00
Full-Day Buggy Wine Tour in Montesquieu's Vineyard
At the wheel of your buggy, equipped with a GPS tablet guide, take a drive through the Graves countryside, Montesquieu's native region. Choose between a wine tasting visiFrom €129.00
FD Best Of Tour - Wine châteaux with Lunch and Tasting
Best of Wine Tourism are everywhere in the Bordeaux vineyards. A special wine tour is dedicated to them and proposes to experience the “best of” wine tourism in Borde4 ReviewsFrom €115.00
Cognac Distillery and Bordeaux Winery: Private Tour
In a single day, experience the two prestigious vineyards of Bordeaux and Cognac that use very different wine-making methods. Meet wine makers and distillers willing to s1 ReviewsFrom €170.00
Wine, Sweet and Savory Food Walking Tour
Take a tour through Bordeaux in which you will visit both sides of the town. Throughout this complete food and wine tour, you will be taken to some of the most iconic plaFrom €100.00
Bordeaux by Night: Private Tour in a Citroën 2CV
The best way to see Bordeaux's most iconic sights, such as the Miroir d'eau, the Grand Théâtre and the Cité du Vin. Zip around Bordeaux in an iconic 2CV. Your knowledg1 ReviewsFrom €62.40