Walking Tour and Wine Tasting
Discover the sights and landmarks of Bordeaux on a 2-hours walking tour and get a voucher for 2 wine tastings in a wine bar. Marvel at the UNESCO monuments of the city center, and learn why the city attracted so many philosophers during the Enlightenment.
Are you a business owner in Bordeaux?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Bordeaux.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Learn the history of Bordeaux and its great Enlightenment philosophers
- Discover one of the largest squares in Europe at Place des Quinconces
- Get a voucher for wine tasting in CIVB's bar (bar closed on Sundays and French bank holidays)
- Go to the reflecting pool of the Place de la Bourse
- See the romantic bridges of the Garonne River
- Enjoy the Old Town with its narrow paved streets and small shops
DescriptionDiscover the historic sights of Bordeaux on a 2-hour walking tour of the historic center, and discover why it was designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Meet your guide by the Bordeaux Tourist Office on Cours du 30 Juillet. Then, discover an outstanding ensemble of urban landmarks and architectural wonders. Stroll past the theaters, town halls, and private mansions, interspersed with squares, parks, and fountains to get an intriguing perspective on a city that is undergoing a spectacular metamorphosis. See some of the new economic and artistic projects. From the wide avenues of neo-classical neighborhoods surrounding Place des Quinconces, to the Grand Theater, and the narrow lanes of the Saint-Pierre neighborhood, the tour invites you to discover the diversity of Bordeaux’s heritage. Learn about Bordeaux’s wine producers, and the Enlightenment philosophers who influenced the city’s urban landscape. Then, get a wine ticket to enjoy Bordeaux wines at the Bar of the CIVB (Conseil Interprofessionnel du Vin de Bordeaux) from Monday to Saturday between 11:00 and 22:00 (except bank holidays).
IncludesBilingual guide Ticket for 2 wine tastings in Bordeaux
- Please note that the bar for the wine tasting is closed on Sundays and bank holidays. If your walking tour is one of those days you'll be given tickets at the Tourism Board to enjoy your drinks another day
- French bank holidays: 1st January, Easter Monday, 1st May, 8th May, 30th May, 10th June, 14th July, 15th August, 1st November, 11th November, 25th December
- From October to March the tour is bilingual French and English. From April to September there are 2 separate groups: one in French and one in English
- The ticket for the wine tasting can be used any time when the Bar is open
Easy cancellationCancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Medoc Half-Day Bordeaux Wine Tour
Explore the wine-growing region of Medoc on a half-day tour from Bordeaux. Known for prestigious names, such as Chateau Margaux, Chateau Latour, and Chateau Pichon Longue104 ReviewsFrom €70.00
Evening Apéritif Cruise on the River Garonne
Cruise along the River Garonne on a 1.5-hour early evening wine tasting tour of Bordeaux. Sample different wines from the Bordeaux wine region as you enjoy views of the 131 ReviewsFrom €28.00
Private Tour in a Citroën 2CV
The best way to see Bordeaux's most iconic sights, such as the Miroir d'eau, the Grand Théâtre and the Cité du Vin. Zip around Bordeaux in an inconic 2CV. Your knowled7 ReviewsFrom €51.20
Enjoy a Day Discovering Two Famous Bordeaux Wine Regions
Tour two mythical wine regions in Bordeaux: Médoc and St-Emilion. Drive through the Bordeaux countryside and pass by ‘appellations’, which have given Bordeaux red wi2 ReviewsFrom €159.00
2-Hour Bordeaux Electric Bike Tour
Enjoy an action-packed guided Electric Bike tour of the beautiful city of Bordeaux. Slalom through the stunning Place des Quinconces, zip down the famous Rue Sainte-Cathe3 ReviewsFrom €45.00
1-Hour Bordeaux Electric Scooter Tour
Enjoy an action-packed guided electric scooter tour of the beautiful city of Bordeaux. Slalom through the stunning Place des Quinconces, zip down the famous Rue Sainte-CaFrom €25.00
World Heritage Sites & Wineries of Saint Emilion with Lunch
Enjoy this relaxing day in Saint-Emilion, including visits to 2 wineries, wine tasting and a lovely lunch. Discover the village, see the impressive underground church and3 ReviewsFrom €125.00
Bordeaux Cheese and Wine Tasting
Experience the best of France at a 1.5-hour cheese and wine tasting in Bordeaux. Sample a selection of fine wines and tasty produce at an authentic cellar in the city cen11 ReviewsFrom €39.00
Medoc: Morning Wine Tour
Enjoy a morning discovering the Medoc region. Pass by mythical appellations where the majority of Bordeaux’s famous wines are produced. If you like the Cabernet grape,9 ReviewsFrom €72.00
FD Best Of Tour - Wine châteaux with Lunch and Tasting
Best of Wine Tourism are everywhere in the Bordeaux vineyards. A special wine tour is dedicated to them and proposes to experience the “best of” wine tourism in Borde4 ReviewsFrom €115.00