Gourmet City Tour of Bordeaux7 Reviews
Discover Bordeaux while ambling through the city center enjoying the French "Art de vivre": history, traditions, architecture, wine and food.
- Take a walking tour of Bordeaux city center
- Have stops at 3 local producers : bakery, chocolate factory and cheese shop
- Enjoy tastings of local delicacies at each producer
- Have lunch at Bordovino's Appartment dating from 18th century
DescriptionAt 9:00 AM meet your guide in the center of Bordeaux and start your walking tour around the 18th century city of Bordeaux, which was UNESCO classified in 2007. At 10:00 AM, be welcomed at a charming bakery. Take a seat and enjoy a coffee/tea while learning about the history of the place and tasting their specialties. Afterwards, stop at a famous chocolate maker in Bordeaux, where the secret of their recipes has been kept quiet for several generations. The owner of this mythical place will invite you to taste different flavored chocolate such as ginger, green tea, or orange. At noon continue this gourmet experience with cheese tastings! Your guide will tell you about the know-how and the characters of famous cheeses such as Comté, Roquefort, and Brie. Followed by this, enjoy lunch at Bordovino's Appartment with Bordeaux wines. Taste the mythical cake of Bordeaux called 'cannelés'!
IncludesHistorical tour of Bordeaux Tastings at 3 local producers (a bakery, a chocolate shop and a cheese shop) Professional guide Tips and gratuities Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The tour may be cancelled if there is only 1 participant. the tour operator legally requires a minimum of 2 people to operate the tour. If so, you will be contacted and get a full refund • Please advise the tour operator in advance if you have any food allergies / special requirements. No alternatives will be available the day of the tour.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability