My Guide Website?
From Bordeaux: Lascaux and Dordogne Valley Private Tour2 Reviews
Take sightseeing tour with a private driver into the Dordogne valley to visit the prehistoric caves of Lascaux, Les Eyzies and Rouffignac.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bordeaux:If youʻre booking your trip to Bordeaux last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the famous caves of Lascaux, Grotte de Rouffignac, and Les Eyzies
- See amazing prehistoric cave art in Dordogne
- Drive along the Vezere River valley and see the lovely village of St Leon
- Drive by and view La Roque St Christophe and the Maison Forte de Reignac
DescriptionSee the famous prehistoric cave paintings and explore the Dordogne region with a private English-speaking driver-guide. Depart from Bordeaux, and drive about two hours east, into the heart of the Dordogne. The first visit is to the Grotte de Rouffignac, the cave of 1000 mammoths. For this visit you'll tale a ride on a small electric train deep into the cave to see some phenomenal drawings of horses, aurochs, bison, horned sheep and mammoths. Then head to Les Eyzies-de-Tayac, a UNESCO World Heritage Site where the first five skeletons of Cro-Magnon, the earliest known examples of homo sapiens were found. This is a good place to stop for a quick lunch. Next, drive to Lascaux to see the incredible new Lascaux international center for cave art, a truly impressive place.
IncludesTransportation Multilingual driver/guide and translator All tolls, parking fees and fuel
- Bring some warm clothing as it is cold inside the caves