My Guide Website?
Bordeaux: Private Walking Tour with a local4 Reviews
Join a private guided tour of Bordeaux with an local and discover some of the city's most iconic attractions. Immerse yourself into the local culture and heritage.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bordeaux:If youʻre booking your trip to Bordeaux last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Wander through the streets of the UNESCO-listed city of Bordeaux
- Discover popular attractions like the Hôtel de Ville and Porte Cailhau
- See the Bordeaux Cathedral and its bell tower, the Tour Pey-Berland
- Walk through the Saint-Pierre district, the birthplace of Bordeaux
- Experience a private guided walking tour
DescriptionExplore the heart of Old Bordeaux on a private guided walking tour. Pass by popular attractions like the Bordeaux Cathedral, Pey Berland Tower, and more while learning about the history, culture, and lifestyle in a fun and entertaining way. Meet your guide in what is considered the city's main square, Place Pey-Berland. Jump right in as you marvel at the two imposing structures that flank this square, the Hôtel de Ville and the Cathédrale Saint-André, often simply referred to as Bordeaux Cathedral. Admire the intricate details of the cathedral's gothic structure and see the Tour Pey-Berland, a 15th-century bell tower that was built to provide the cathedral with a large bell without threatening the original building. Follow your guide as you walk through the cobbled streets of Bordeaux's historic center, stopping off at Place Saint-Projet to discover the history of the square and the famous Rue Sainte-Catherine. Your tour continues to the intriguing Place Camille Jullian, where you'll learn of a hidden secret that lies here. Next, it's on to the must-see Porte Cailhau, a structure that once served as the main gate to the city and boasts a rich history dating back to the Middle Ages. Continue towards Place de la Bourse, passing through the famous Saint-Pierre district where the city’s first port once was. Learn about Bordeaux's secret slave trade and take a picture at the world's largest reflecting pool, the Miroir D’Eau. Finally, admire the Grand Théâtre de Bordeaux before completing your tour with a visit to the Monuments aux Girondins.
IncludesLocal Knowledgable guide Private guided walking tour of Bordeaux Inside information Lists of food and drink recommendations
- This tour takes place rain or shine and covers a distance of around 2.5 kilometers The themes covered on this tour are a mix of history, culture, and fun. If you're looking for an in-depth historical tour, this may not be for you