Bordeaux Private Walking Tour40 Reviews
Discover the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Bordeaux on a private walking tour of its major attractions. Tailor the tour to suit your preferences and explore the historic port city’s sights, such as the Grand Théâtre and Saint André Cathedral.
- Explore the historic UNESCO World Heritage City of Bordeaux
- See one of the finest collections of 18th-Century architecture in Europe
- Walk down noble streets and through imposing squares
- Gaze at the Corinthian columns of the 'Temple of Art and Light' - the Grand Théâtre
DescriptionTake a walking tour of historic Bordeaux with a local guide who will tailor the excursion to your tastes and introduce you to the city’s beautiful buildings. Starting at the main tourist office in the city center, move on down charming streets lined with graceful buildings. Bordeaux has been classified a “City of Art and History” and is home to one of Europe’s largest collection of 18th-Century architecture. As you walk through imposing squares and handsome avenues, you will see big-ticket attractions such as the Musée des Beaux-Arts, the Gothic Basilica of St. Michael and the neo-classical Grand Théâtre, conceived as a “Temple to the Arts and Light.” You can take the tour at your own pace and rhythm. Your guide will provide the narrative and propose visits to the city’s museums and galleries. Naturally, as the center of one of the world’s best-known wine producing regions, you will be recommended some of the famous wines; Château Mouton-Rothschild and Château Latour among them!
IncludesPrivate tour guide Entrance fees Transportation
- Please note, this tour can accommodate wheelchair users if you inform the operator beforehand
- Travel Agents please provide correct contact details for participants
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability