Bordeaux and Medoc Vineyards Experience2 Reviews
Discover Bordeaux while ambling through the city and the vineyards enjoying the French "Art de vivre" ingredients: history, traditions, architecture, wine and food.
- Enjoy a walking tour of Bordeaux city center
- Stop off at 3 local producers : bakery, chocolate factory and cheese shop
- Taste local delicacies at each producer
- Lunch at Bordovino's Apartment dating from 18th century
- Visit 2 gorgeous chateaux and indulge in 4 wine tastings
- Learn more about wine tasting of Bordeaux wines during a tasting class
- Enjoy a delicious aperitif with traditional French delicacies
DescriptionThe itinerary is as follows: 9:00 AM: Meet your guide in the center of Bordeaux and start walking around the 18th century style city of Bordeaux, UNESCO Classified since 2007. 10.00 AM: Be welcomed at a charming bakery. Take a seat and enjoy a coffee/tea while learning about the history of the place and tasting their specialities. 10.45 AM: Stop at a famous chocolate maker in Bordeaux, where the secret of the recipes has been kept quiet for several generations. The owner of this mythical place will allow you to taste different flavored chocolates such as ginger, green tea or orange. Enjoy the tastings! 11.30 AM: Continue this gourmet experience with cheese tastings : we will tell you about the know-how and the characters of famous cheeses such as Comté, Roquefort and Brie. 12.15 PM: Enjoy lunch at Bordovino's Appartment with Bordeaux wines : taste the mythical cake of Bordeaux called 'cannelés'! 1.45 PM: Drive from Bordeaux to the Medoc Region. Enjoy the journey through the mythical 'chateaux route' and learn from your guide about this history of Bordeaux and Medoc wines. Shortly afterwards, you will arrive at a charming family run estate in the region, and spend a few hours touring its vineyards, vat room, and cellars, and hearing the story of the passionate family who has kept the vineyard alive for many generations. Reward yourself with a tasting class, and discover the intense colors, woody aromas, and tannic tastes of the wine world. In the late afternoon, make your way to a beautiful Great Classified Growth estate, one of the most prestigious chateaux of Bordeaux. Enjoy some explanations about their wine-making process and finish the visit with a tasting of the estate's wines while enjoying an aperitif of French delicacies, including cheese, fresh bread, and dried sausage. 7.15 pm: drop off in Bordeaux
IncludesHistorical tour of the city of Bordeaux Tastings at 3 local producers (a bakery, a chocolate shop and a cheese shop) Lunch at Bordovino’s Apartment Two Chateaux entrance fees 4 Wine tastings Tasting class learning a proper wine tasting French appetizer platter Friendly and professional guide Tours in English and French Transportation in minivan Hotel pick-up and drop off Tips/gratuities
- This is a small group with a maximum of 8 people
- The tour may be cancelled if there is only 1 participant. the tour operator legally requires a minimum of two people to operate the tour. If so, you will be contacted and get a full refund.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY